Monday, January 19, 2009

Morrissey - First Night AT The Hammerstein Ballroom



(Excellent Audience Recording)

22 October 2007 - Hammertesin Ballroom - New York, NY


If you didn't have a good time at this show, it was you're own damn fault. Moz and the lads gave it their all! Respectable turnout for a Monday night. Like many people, I changed into my Liza Minnelli outfit from work and hopped on the Blue line to get to the venue. The Hammerstein is old and hollow with hard cement floors, but you can tell that at one time, it must have been a beautiful place. Kristeen Young received some polite applause. Took awhile for the crowd to warm up to her. It's as almost as if they took some perverse pleasure in watching her frustration. I get a kick out of her outfits. She wore a paper doll dress with huge tabs sticking out of the sides. "On bended knee I kneel to you, New York…" The lads and The Man himself takes the stage and wastes no time. He was struttin' and posing and talking some trash! He took a wrapped gift from a little boy and got a big cheer from the Boz side of the stage. "I love presents…" Great setlist. Boz and Walker took turns front stage and gave us all a cheap thrill. Moz mentioned an oncoming cold, but otherwise sounded great. When Morrissey starts talking nonsense, you know he is feeling his cheerios. Other notable quips: "I know what I know… I know more than I even know…" "Why am I talking in a Liverpudlian accent when I'm from Yorkshire…" (At that point, a huge thought bubble descended from the crowd and floated up into the rafters). Highlights for me were "Crashing Bores" which surprisingly turned into a sing-a-long from the Boz side of the stage. The crowd sounded a little like the Harlem Boys Choir with one too many sips of the communion wine. Great to hear "The Loop" complete with standup bass. I started into my Mozmic Dancing and young men around me followed suit. Had a nice yelling contest with the young man next to me. He let me win. The show ended sometime around 10:40. I loitered around the stage hoping I could find someone who looked like he was collecting presents. I had a little something for The Man. No luck finding anyone. I wish all the folks with Maximum Morrissey passes a good time. What a treat to see him in New York. It's like having my two great loves together in the same room.
-mozmic dancer

01. The Imperfect List
02. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
03. Tomorrow
04. Sister I'm A Poet
05. London
06. The Loop
07. That's How People Grow Up
08. Jack The Ripper
09. I Like You
10. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?
11. Stretch Out And Wait
12. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
13. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
14. Billy Budd
15. All You Need Is Me
16. Death Of A Disco Dancer
17. Irish Blood, English Heart
18. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
19. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
20. You Have Killed Me
21. How Soon Is Now?
22. First Of The Gang To Die

Credit HERE, And HERE

>>Download<<

No comments:

Post a Comment